St. Anthony Hopsital is in the heart of Oklahoma City. We are a 774-bed nonprofit, faith-based acute care hospital established in 1898. We save lives and help all who enter our doors, including the poor and often forgotten. We are the number one provider of charity care in Oklahoma City.
We stay true to the mission and values set forth by our founding sisters more than 100 years ago. They traveled hundreds of miles from Maryville, Missouri to Oklahoma City in search of money to support their local hospital. Instead, they raised money towards opening a hospital in Oklahoma City, as the newly established Territory did not have a hospital and its citizens were dying from lack of care. On August 1, 1898, they opened St. Anthony Hospital, a small house that had twelve beds.
The need for healthcare grew with the city. In 1899, the Sisters moved St. Anthony to a larger facility. With twenty-five patient rooms, St. Anthony found its home in Oklahoma City, where the hospital still stands today.
As the hospital grew, the Sisters’ vision to provide service to those in need flourished, a vision we still honor. In 2003, St. Anthony renewed its commitment to the midtown area by announcing a 10-year, $220 million expansion and renovation. MidTown Oklahoma City is thriving—much like it was in the hospital’s early days. St. Anthony’s most recent campus development activities include a new education center, cardiac emergency department, renovation of the Center for Behavioral Medicine, and many other facility and service enhancements for the benefit of its patients and the community.
To visit St. Anthony Hospital website, click here.